We are looking for a hands-on Principal Software Engineer to lead the UI effort for our enterprise class product. The Principal Software Engineer will help lead design and implementation for the User Interface layer of the product. In this role, the Principal Software Engineer will help translate customer requirements into UI features in the product. The right candidate will also be comfortable reviewing designs from other onshore and offshore engineers in the team and be the UI champion responsible for usability of the product. The right candidate will have at least 5 to 8 years of experience designing and implementing UI systems on Enterprise class products. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Design and build major UI components for an enterprise product on Linux
- Implement a rich UI system that solves complex UI visualization requirements
- Serve as the primary interface between other development teams and the UI team
- Serve as the technical lead for the entire UI subsystem which includes server side components
- Work with customers, Product Management, and other teams to successfully deliver UI features that go into a release
- Establish UI development standards and guidelines for the rest of the team
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- B.S. or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related discipline
- 5-8 years experience designing and implementing UI systems on Enterprise class products
- Expert level knowledge in data visualization and UI architecture
- Experience using Adobe Flex or HTML 5 to build UI components
- Experience using Java to build server applications
- Experience with multiple OS platforms – Windows, Linux – with expert level knowledge of at least 1
- Experience building appliances or software products for the enterprise, with specific knowledge of security, workflow, delegated administrative models, etc. desirable
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
Core Security is the leading provider of predictive security intelligence solutions for enterprises and government organizations. We help more than 1,400 customers worldwide preempt critical security threats throughout their IT environments, and communicate the risk the threats pose to the business. Our patented, proven, award-winning enterprise solutions are backed by more than 15 years of applied expertise from CoreLabs, the company’s innovative security research center.
This position is based in our Boston office. Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Core Security does not discriminate against EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability